This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Planning on booking an Emirates flight soon? Good news: The airline and Visa are partnering up again to offer between $50 (economy) and $1,000 (first class) off your next Emirates booking when you use Visa Checkout.
Here’s how it works: Now through November 24, use Emirates’ Visa Checkout promotion page to book flights between October 24 and July 24, 2017. If your flights satisfy the requirements, you’ll get $50 off economy tickets, $250 off business-class tickets or $1,000 off first-class tickets.
As with most offers, there are some terms and conditions to keep in mind: You must purchase at least seven days before departure. The savings is only off of the base fare — but not carrier-imposed charges — so you might not save $50 off all discount economy flights. And, if you’ve got a huge group, the discount is limited to nine passengers per booking.
Also, the promotion doesn’t include codeshare flights, so your travel must originate at one of the following airports:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) — starting December 15
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington DC (IAD)
Since it’s called “Visa Checkout,” you’d imagine that only Visa cards are allowed to be used. Thankfully, that’s not the case. Visa Checkout allows you to pay with whichever credit card you like, so make sure to use one that earns additional points on airfare purchases.
Top choices are the American Express Platinum Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees