This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is launching a new flight from LaGuardia (LGA) to Boston (BOS), and to kick off service, it’s offering TrueBlue members up to 6,000 bonus points.
All you have to do is register for the promotion and fly the route between now and January 31, 2017.
Here’s the breakdown for earning the bonus points:
- Fly one round-trip flight (or two one-ways) and earn 1,000 bonus points.
- Fly a second round-trip (or two more one-ways) and earn another 2,000 points.
- Fly a third round-trip (or four more one-ways) and earn another 3,000 points.
There are 12 weekday nonstop flights on this new LGA-BOS route, and they’re available for as little as $20 each way with service starting on October 31.
In his most recent monthly valuations, TPG pegs JetBlue points at 1-1.4 cents each. So you’re looking at up to ~$84 in value from the bonus rewards. Not a windfall, but a good haul if you’re already on planning on taking three quick flights between Boston and NYC.
TrueBlue members automatically earn 3 points per dollar spent and an additional 3x points on fares booked directly on JetBlue.com. If you use the JetBlue Plus Card to play for a flight with the carrier, you’ll rake in another 6x points. So, especially if you earn some points through this bonus offer, you could be able to pay for an award pretty quickly. You could also save up your points to book in Mint, TPG’s favorite domestic business class.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Are you planning any LGA to BOS runs with JetBlue?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards