This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Where do your unused or slightly used amenity kits go when they’re left behind? Well, with United, they’re about to do some good in local communities. As part of the carrier’s partnership with Clean the World, United Airlines has been collecting unused toothbrushes, toothpaste and other convenience items to be packaged as hygiene kits for people in need.
With all of the collected items from its amenity kits, United was able to put together more than 15,000 hygiene kits for charities, packaged by volunteer employees. In this case, Clean the World is bringing United’s hygiene packages with leftover amenity kit goods to communities impacted by Hurricane Matthew. Overall, it’s nice to see large companies — especially airlines — doing better in their communities, like we saw with JetBlue after the Orlando nightclub attack.
H/T: USA Today
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards