This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
William Shatner knows a good deal when he sees one — if that wasn’t the case, the legendary actor of “Star Trek” and “Boston Legal” fame would not have been the face of Priceline.com for so many years. Here, the Negotiator himself offers packing advice and proves to be like Dorothy from the “Wizard of Oz” when asked about where he’s always wanted to go.
What packing tips do you have?
Roll everything up, including the toilet paper.
What’s the secret to a successful trip?
Sleep — ensure it.
Where have you always wanted to go but haven’t yet?
I always want to go home. There’s no place like home.
What items can you not leave home without?
My passport, my wallet and my shoes.
What’s the last stamp on your passport?
Actually I just renewed my passport so everything is blank. I am looking forward to filling the pages again.
What’s your favorite weekend getaway and why?
Lying in bed at home and watching CNN.
What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
The voyage home.
What’s your favorite airport?
Los Angeles (LAX).
Are you a points guy?
Absolutely! Get everything as cheaply as possible. See Priceline.com.
If so, what do you use your frequent flyer miles on?
How often do you fly?
Almost all the time.
What’s your favorite VIP perk?
Friendly pat-downs at the airport.
Checked bag or carry-on?
Don’t leave anything up to the airlines.
Red-eye or day flight?
When you’re on camera, a red-eye shows.
Featured image courtesy of Shatnersworld.org.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards