This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Now through October 26, Singapore Airlines is offering terrific deals from multiple US cities to a number of Asian and European destinations, with prices starting at just $550 for round-trip flights. The best part: the deals are good from January 10 through September 30, 2017.
The cheapest options available are the airline’s nonstop flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT), which start at $550. Other routes, such as New York (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA), start at $596, while a trip from San Francisco (SFO) to Bali (DPS) starts at $647 with a 12+ hour layover in Singapore, giving you enough time to explore this amazing city before you arrive at your final destination.
The promotion runs until October 26, but book quickly as many of these fares may not last.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Route: IAH, JFK, LAX, SFO to many Asian and European cities
Cost: $550+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 10, 2017 – September 30, 2017
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: American Express Platinum Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $550 round-trip in January:
New York (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $598 round-trip in January:
San Francisco (SFO) to Denpasar, Bali (DPS) for $648 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured Image of Bali courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards