This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest’s massive fare sale may end tonight, but we don’t want you to miss out on the fun. Enter this week’s Thursday Giveaway for a chance to win a $500 gift card from Southwest. Use your winnings to get home for the Thanksgiving holiday (yes, it’s coming up quick), or take a vacation to one of the airline’s lesser known destinations.
Enter to win no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 10. To enter this giveaway, send a tweet or Instagram post (@thepointsguy) with a photo of your favorite destination that Southwest serves — be sure to include the hashtag #WinTPGSouthwest to be considered. View the official TPG sweepstake rules here.
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away a $500 Uber gift card. Congratulations again to Steven P., who won the gift card by tweeting at us. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat accounts.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards