This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s currently offering a buy miles promotion that allows you to earn up to a 75% bonus when you purchase miles through October 31. Given that UA miles are now a bit more affordable, we’re offering you the chance to win 20,000 United miles in this week’s Thursday Giveaway. Your winnings can be used to purchase a one-way award ticket on the airline, or simply can boost your MileagePlus balance and bring you that much closer to your dream business-class trip.
If you’re looking to build up your mileage balance even further, consider applying for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Enter to win no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 24. To enter this giveaway, send a tweet or Instagram post (@thepointsguy) with a picture that represents your favorite redemption using United miles — be sure to include the hashtag #WinTPGUnited to be considered. View the official TPG sweepstakes rules here.
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away a $500 American Express gift card. Congratulations again to @Taiwo_7, who won the gift card by tweeting at us. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat accounts.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
The standard sign-up offer for these co-branded cards is 30,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, so the current bonus is a significant step up. TPG values United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so this 50,000-mile sign-up bonus gets you $750 in value.
- Special offer: 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United-operated flight at the MileagePlus Standard Award level
- $95 annual fee