This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to escape to one of the Caribbean’s most interesting destinations this fall. Look no further, as JetBlue has a great sale on round-trip, nonstop flights from New York (JFK) to Barbados (BGI) starting at just $244, valid for departures from the end of October through the middle of November. Note that this is one of JetBlue’s Caribbean routes that features the airline’s fantastic Mint product. While you won’t be finding sub $250 round-trip Mint fares, it would be a great opportunity to try out one of the best products in the sky.
Route: JFK to BGI
Cost: $244+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October – November 2016
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here’s an example of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Barbados (BGI) for $244 round-trip in October/November:
New York (JFK) to Barbados (BGI) for $244 round-trip in November:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards