This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the holidays fast approaching, the TPG team has been hard at work putting together gift guides and wish lists. We usually try to post fantastic deals, but sometimes we like to indulge. Neiman Marcus recently released its 2016 Fantasy Gifts that includes some mind-blowing luxury items like a week of living at three English country estates for a cool $700,000.
But what really caught our eye was the Cobalt Valkyrie-X private plane. It’s a sleek machine, and it’s made even more stunning with a gorgeous coat of rose gold paint. A small aircraft that seats four, including the pilot, the Valkyrie-X claims to be one of the world’s fastest piston aircraft. It can reach speeds of 230 miles per hour with its 350-horsepower engine and has a range of 1,150 ground miles.
The Valkyrie-X, set to debut in 2017, resembles a fighter jet and its massive canopy gives you a 320-degree view of the sky. The luxurious interior “boasts hand-stitched leather seats and suede-like Alcantara” plus “anthracite carpets,” according to Neiman Marcus. Even the flight controls are plated with rose gold.
So how much does this plane cost? It usually starts at $595,000, but this version goes for a whopping $1.5 million. And with each purchase, Neiman Marcus pledges to donate $200,000 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation, a charity that “provides enriching art education and experiences to youth.”
Featured image courtesy of Neiman Marcus.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards