This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: 1/3/17: Use code YTOCHD to receive a la carte, pay-as-you-fly trial access with JetSmarter.
FoundersCard is one of the most popular membership-based cards out there, offering perks ranging from elite status and free hotel stays to discounts at clothing stores. Thanks to a recent promotion with JetSmarter, all FoundersCard members (existing and new) will receive three months of complimentary access to JetDeals, which lists the private jet company’s last-minute seat availability. If, for instance, you need to fly from New York to Boston at the last minute, you can now use your FoundersCard membership to search JetDeals and fly for free on one of JetSmarter’s private jets.
In addition to the three free months of JetDeals access, FoundersCard members who purchase a Smart or Sophisticated membership with JetSmarter will automatically earn $2,000 worth of flight credits. Both JetSmarter deals are available now through June 30, 2017. FoundersCard members can activate their three months of JetDeals access through the members-only site but must do so by the end of March in order to take advantage of the full three-month membership. Free seats are first-come, first-serve and are subject to availability.
Overall, these are extremely valuable perks for FoundersCard members, especially since JetSmarter’s memberships cost $15,000 to begin with — there’s a $10,000 annual membership fee, plus the $5,000 initiation fee — so you could end up getting a tremendous value from this promotion if you prefer to fly private.
FoundersCard normally has an annual membership fee of $595 and a $95 initiation fee, but just for being a TPG reader, you’ll have access to a discounted rate of $395 per year and have the $95 initiation fee waived. If you’ve been thinking about signing up to become a member, now’s a great time to do so since you can see what it’s like to fly in a private jet — for free.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards