This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Facebook recently announced an update that offers users more chances to interact directly with local businesses. You’ll now be able to order food or make reservations directly through a restaurant’s page, get a quote, buy movie and concert tickets, request an appointment and explore local events, all features that could be really useful when you’re on the road as well.
Facebook also announced a new tool, Recommendations, that lets users find local businesses with the help of their friends. Posts that have the recommendations option turned on will then let friends comment on the post with a direct preview of the local business that’s mentioned. If three friends recommend three different places, for instance, you’ll be able to quickly and easily see who likes what, important info about each of the companies and a bookmarked tab with all the places your friends have advised you to use (or visit) in the past.
The new features are being rolled out in an effort to promote greater interaction between users and their friends through its News Feed — just a few months ago, Facebook altered its algorithm to emphasize posts made by friends and family over other news and media content, so these new tools are really helping to take peer-to-peer interaction through the social media platform to a whole new level.
Which of these new Facebook features are you most excited about?
Featured image courtesy of Facebook.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards