This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With premium cabins like The Residence and The Apartment, Etihad is known for offering top-notch service and an unbelievable hard product (to business and first-class passengers, at least). Now, the airline’s adding something extra: a new first-class amenity kit in partnership with designer Christian Lacroix and Hungarian skincare brand Omorovicza.
The new kits are replacing the current version, made in partnership with Le Labo. In 2016, you’ll find the new bags on A380 flights between Abu Dhabi and London, New York, Sydney, Melbourne and Mumbai; then fleet-wide in 2017.
Generally, your best option for booking the Etihad Apartment is to redeem American Airlines miles at the following rates:
- Abu Dhabi to/from Mumbai: 40,000 miles
- Abu Dhabi to/from London: 62,500 miles
- Abu Dhabi to/from Australia: 100,000 miles
- Abu Dhabi to/from New York: 115,000 miles
In the first of two phases, Etihad will introduce a purple kit for women and a gray kit for men (phase two introduces burgundy for women and black for men). The men’s kit can turn into a wash bag or a storage bag for electronics, while the ladies’ case is meant to be up-cycled as a clutch.
But enough about that — what’s inside? Swag includes the following products from Omorovicza’s Gold collection: lip balm, facial moisturizer, “hand treatment” (we can only assume it’s lotion) and cleansing wipes. Omorovicza will also stock the onboard washrooms with face mist, face and hand wash and hand lotion.
Of course, you’ll also get the standards: ear plugs, a comb, a toothbrush and toothpaste, socks and eye mask, and a relax pack of pillow mist and pulse point oil. Men get an extra: a shaving kit.
What’s your favorite airline amenity kit?
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards