This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you a few Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) short of qualifying for the next level of Delta status? Well, if you have hotel stays planned now through the end of the year, you can knock out some of these miles in your sleep! Now through December 31, earn 250 Delta MQMs and double miles each time you stay two nights or more at a Hilton hotel.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 MQMs through this promotion, but that’d take 40 stays spanning at least 80 nights to achieve. Considering there’s only 86 nights left in the year, you’d need to practically live in Hilton hotels — two nights at a time.
Does this promotion sound familiar? If you’ve been paying attention to the Hilton and Delta programs for the past few years, it might ring a bell. Hilton and Delta have made this promotion an annual tradition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015).
Here’s how to take advantage of this offer:
- Register online at HHonors.com/DELTAMQM. You must do so prior to check-in, but you might as well do it now.
- You must select Delta as your Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton account profile.
- Complete a 2+ night stay at Hilton now through December 31, 2016. Check-out must occur by December 31 to qualify.
While “double miles” sounds appealing, Hilton doesn’t reveal what you’re giving up by choosing Delta as a Points & Miles partner. While you’ll still earn Hilton points for stays, you’re forgoing 5 extra Hilton points per dollar spent (Points & Points option) for 1 airline mile per dollar spent (Points & Miles option). Based on our analysis, it rarely makes sense to choose a Points & Miles partner.
However, this promotion is offering double Delta miles. Based on the latest TPG valuation, Hilton points are worth 0.5 cents each and Delta miles are worth 1.2 cents each. So, the trade off between points (2.5 cents of value per dollar spent) and miles (2.4 cents of value per dollar spent) is about even. That means that this promotion is only really valuable if you need more Medallion Qualifying Miles — or you redeem Delta miles for higher-than-average value.
Featured image courtesy of Conrad New York.
Will you be utilizing this promotion to hit the next status level on Delta?
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Check your first bag for free and save up to $50 on a round trip Delta flight.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don't expire.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees