This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
Delta has shared the details of a flash sale on award flights to and from New York City (LGA) when you book by tomorrow (October 12) at 11:59pm. Book flights from just 5,000 SkyMiles each way to cities such as Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD), Detroit (DTW) and Orlando (MCO). The sale is valid for departures from December 1 through December 20, 2016.
Remember that if you’re in need of SkyMiles, consider signing up for one of Delta’s co-branded American Express business cards, which are both offering increased sign-up offers for a limited time. The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is offering 50,000 SkyMiles after you spend $2,000 within the first three months of account opening. Meanwhile, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card currently features a sign-up bonus of 70,000 SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $5,000 within the first three months.
Route: Domestic flights to/from LGA
Cost: 5,000 miles+ one-way in economy
Dates: December 1 – 20, 2016
Booking Link: Delta
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (LGA) to Chicago (ORD) for 5,000 miles and $5.60 one-way:
New York (LGA) to Orlando (MCO) for 5,000 miles and $5.60 one-way:
New York (LGA) to Atlanta (ATL) for 8,000 miles and $5.60 one-way:
New York (LGA) to Detroit (DTW) for 10,000 miles and $5.60 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards