This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most airlines allow passengers to request mileage credits after flights if they forgot to enter their frequent flyer information into the reservation, but SkyTeam has shared plans to make this process easier than ever before with alliance-wide retro-crediting online. Whereas most airlines require passengers to fill out forms to be manually processed, SkyTeam’s new system lets travelers take matters into their own hands and receive a mileage credit instantly.
If you’ve flown recently on a SkyTeam airline and forgot to enter your frequent flyer number while booking the flight, you can simply log in to your respective frequent flyer account where you can then enter the details of flights you’ve taken. The system will then automatically verify that what you entered is correct, and your missing miles will appear immediately in your account. Keep in mind that not all of the SkyTeam members provide the new functionality yet, but it should be available alliance-wide in the coming months.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards