This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific’s 747 took to the skies for its final commercial flight a few days ago, but Hong Kongers will have an opportunity to see the Queen of the Skies in Cathay livery one last time. This Saturday morning, at 10:30am local time, the plane will fly across Victoria Harbour, passing by a handful of Hong Kong landmarks at just 2,000 feet.
— Cathay Pacific (@cathaypacific) October 6, 2016
This will provide an opportunity for locals to catch an up-close glimpse on this iconic aircraft before it’s officially retired (following a final flight to Victorville, CA) later this month.
Will you be watching the 747 as it passes over Victoria Harbour?
Featured image by Jerry Redfern/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards