This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AeroMexico just took delivery of its first 787-9 Dreamliner and it has one especially cool feature: a walk-up bar in its business-class cabin.
The bar is stocked with spirits and snacks that guests can access in addition to regular food and beverage service. This isn’t the only plane to offer such a feature — Emirates even has a staffed bar on the upper deck of its A380, for instance — but it’s still a nice touch.
The plane, called Quetzalcoatl (according to the Maya, he was one of two creators of life and a boundary-maker between earth and sky), is one of 10 planes ordered back in July 2012. When AeroMexico completed its purchase, this was the largest investment in the history of Mexican aviation. Quetzalcoatl nows joins nine other Dreamliners (787-8s) already part of AeroMexico’s fleet.
The plane holds 274 seats, with 36 lie-flat business seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. The seats also have 18-inch touchscreens, two inches larger than on the 787-8.
You can catch the 787-9 on AeroMexico flights serving Amsterdam, London, Madrid, New York, Paris, Santiago, Shanghai and Tokyo routes in the next few weeks. Since all of SkyTeam is now on ExpertFlyer, log on to find availability.
Featured image courtesy of AeroMexico.
Will you be flying AeroMexico’s new Dreamliner?
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards