This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Is your United MileagePlus account looking a little empty? Check out this promotion through the United MileagePlus Shopping portal, giving you an opportunity to earn an incredible 45 miles per dollar spent on magazines (that’s 2.22 cents per mile). At this rate, it’d take just $1,278 of magazine subscriptions (equal to roughly 47 subscriptions to People magazine) to earn the 57,500 miles required to fly business class across the Atlantic. This represents a significant savings considering the cash price for a one-way fare between Newark (EWR) and Paris (CDG) will set you back a jaw-dropping $7,600.
While it’s not always the case with shopping portals, you can couple discount coupons with this promo, including a savings of $5 today only when you use the code COLUMBUS and a “surprise sale,” also for today only, when you use the code SURPRISEME. If you don’t want to hoard magazine subscriptions, you can donate them to local businesses such as hospitals, medical offices or schools, while still earning the huge mileage bonus. Act quickly if you’re interested in taking advantage of this deal — we don’t think it’s going to be around for long.
H/T: Running With Miles
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards