This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Although this promotion wasn’t scheduled to end until December 31, Visa has already pulled it, citing “unexpected popularity.”
The Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection can offer great value for cardholders. And with the program’s current promotion, Visa’s offering a pretty irresistible deal: Get one night for free when you book two nights or more at participating properties. Considering the properties included can be pretty pricey, this promotion is far superior to many others you’ll find.
The properties included in this promotion include participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and Curio — A Collection by Hilton. You must book through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection, and when you do so, you’ll also get the additional benefits that come with it. The additional seven premium benefits include:
- Best available rate guarantee
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
- Complimentary continental breakfast daily
- $25 USD food or beverage credit
- VIP Guest status
- 3:00pm check-out upon request, when available
To take advantage, visit the promotion’s page on Visa Signature Hotel’s website and select one of the participating properties on the right rail of the page. Note that this promotion is subject to availability. You must book your 2+ night stay by December 31, 2016, and the stay must be complete by March 31, 2017. Make sure you select the free night rate when booking online, or call a Visa Signature Concierge in order to make the booking.
Here’s a sample booking with this great deal:
Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Note that when you go to book a property through this promotion, you’ll be given the grand total for the whole stay — $855 with taxes. Upon check-out from the hotel, you’ll be refunded the credit for the third night.
When you click to expand the Stay 2- Enjoy a Free Night menu, you’ll get the complete details for the promotion and that certain property. So for this three-night stay at the Waldorf Astoria Versailles, you’d be paying $575 — or about $192 per night — with the promotion. Note that for this property in particular, this package rate (before deducting the third night) matched the hotel’s “flex rate,” while the HHonors rate totaled $789 (including tax).
Note that there is a maximum of one free night per room per stay. Back-to-back stays within 24 hours at the same hotel are considered one stay, regardless of if you check in or out. In the terms and conditions, it states that the offer can’t be stacked with any other offers unless specified, however, there’s a chance it could be stacked with Visa Signature’s valuable $75 Visa gift card promotion. That promotion will give you a $75 Visa gift card if you stay at a participating property through February 28, 2017. The gift card will be mailed to you, and you must book by November 30, 2016. There’s no telling if it can be combined, but if the gift card shows up in your mailbox, it’d be an added perk because no registration is required.
This is a fantastic deal, and if you’re traveling to a destination with a property included in the promotion, this could be well worth changing your plans to take advantage of. Note that you must book your stay with an eligible Visa Signature or Visa Infinite card to take advantage of this incredible deal. Some eligible cards include the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve and Capital One Venture Rewards, among others.
Featured image courtesy of the Grand Wailea.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards