This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific’s first class is continuously ranked as a top-tier product, but unfortunately, the carrier doesn’t plan on offering it on many of its newer aircraft. That said, there are still plenty of options to experience it on long-haul flights. And although it’s always nice to fly with a companion, especially on such a luxurious flight, sometimes we need to travel solo.
The starboard side of the Boeing 777-300ER (77W), as pictured above, is the best spot if you’re flying with a companion because you can see them as often as you want when turned toward each other. On the other hand, if you’re traveling alone, sitting on the port side will give you the most privacy because a wall separates the row from the center seats and those on the starboard side. Oftentimes, this cabin doesn’t get overly crowded or noisy, but having the certainty of not seeing anyone as you turn on your side is always a plus for privacy.
For a complete review of Cathay Pacific’s immaculate first-class service, check out TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig’s in-depth review.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards