This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this week, Uber added the ability to purchase gift cards, which you can either use for yourself or gift to a friend. Your gift card is valid for rides in any Uber city in the US. To use your gift card, simply go to the payment section within the latest version of the Uber app and then enter the code on your gift card into the ‘Add promo/gift card’ tab. Once you complete that step, your credit will appear immediately in your account. Remember that if you don’t yet have an Uber account, you can sign up here to get your first ride for free (up to $20) from TPG.
Enter to win no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 3. To enter this giveaway, send a tweet or Instagram post (@thepointsguy) with a photo of your favorite Uber city in the US — be sure to include the hashtag #WinTPGUber to be considered. View the official TPG sweepstake rules here.
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away a $500 Apple gift card. Congratulations again to Instagram user th.trvlr, who won the gift card. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat accounts.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards