This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’d all love to spend hours pinpointing the perfect hotel for our next night away from home, be it an unexpected business trip or spontaneous staycation, but time is not always on a traveler’s side. Which is one reason why the last-minute booking app Hotel Tonight has found success so quickly. Some other reasons? Ease of use and great pricing. Standard International, the company behind The Standard Hotels, understands that app’s appeal — and is stepping up to bring its own take on same-day booking to a smartphone near you with a new app called One Night.
If the name sounds familiar, it’s probably because the chain launched its own “spontaneous booking app” in 2015, called One Night Standard. What makes this One Night different is that the brand’s brought some of its boutique buddies along for the ride. Beginning at 3pm each day, users in need of a crash pad — and room service — in New York or Los Angeles can browse a curated selection of nearly two dozen hotels, including The Standard’s own hotels plus popular properties like The Nomad and The Gramercy Park Hotel in New York and The Redbury and Viceroy L’Ermitage in Los Angeles. In the coming months, the app will expand to San Francisco, Austin, Miami, Las Vegas and Chicago. And while great deals are part of the package, One Night’s emphasis is on the customer experience — not the final bill.
“One Night was designed for the next generation of travel,” Amar Lalvani, Standard International’s CEO and managing partner, said in a statement. “With one swipe and in less than one minute, a room at one of the most intriguing hotels in the city is confirmed. Just as importantly, we are connecting hotels we enjoy to discerning guests who care about the experiences our founding hotel partners have worked so hard to create.” We’d swipe right on that.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards