This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
Find out why the Chase Sapphire Reserve is a perfect card for people living or traveling extensively abroad.
With Hillary Clinton recently revealing her new campaign jet and less than two months until Election Day, see how the candidate’s planes stack up.
Several premium travel credit cards come with memberships to the Priority Pass lounge network, a highly valuable perk for travelers. But, not all Priority Pass lounges are created equal — find out which ones are the best in the US.
A marina in Sicily got completely destroyed when a huge Carnival cruise ship got too close and created a mini-tsunami — and a passenger on board the ship caught it all on tape.
In Other News…
Get a Free Flight When You Purchase an Olympus Camera
Japanese camera manufacturer Olympus is offering customers a free round-trip flight after purchasing a OM-D E-M5 Mark II digital camera. Follow the instructions here to take advantage of this promo.
You Can Sleep in a New York City Taxi Thanks to Airbnb
Looking for a night in the big city on a small budget? You can now sleep in the back of a decommissioned NYC taxi for under $50 a night with Airbnb.
Get 50% Off Uber Rides When Using Android Pay
Google and Uber have teamed up to offer riders 50% off their first ten rides when using Android Pay (a maximum of $5 per ride) until October 15. You don’t have to be a new Uber user to take advantage of this promotion either — it’ll apply automatically when you use Android Pay to cover your ride.
Delta Economy Passengers Will Receive Slippers on Flights to Japan
Delta will become the only airline to provide slippers for every passenger on flights between the US and Japan, beginning October 29.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards