This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Singapore is just about as far as you can get from the East Coast. The city makes for a great starting point for vacations to Southeast Asia, and other destinations in the region. Right now, United is offering terrific deals for one-stop service from Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN), with round-trip flights available starting at just $587. It looks like United is matching fares after Delta dropped its prices at the end of August. The deal is good from September through June 2017. Note that you’ll have to make a stop in Tokyo (NRT) each way, with the NRT – SIN leg operated by ANA and can earn 21,200 PQMs with United.
Airline: United, ANA
Route: EWR to SIN
Cost: $587+ round-trip in Economy
Dates: September 2016 – June 2017
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $587 round-trip in September:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $587 round-trip in May 2017:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards