This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hyatt Credit Card is one of the best options for travelers who stay at Hyatt properties around the world. The card previously offered a sign-up bonus of two free nights at any Hyatt hotel if you spend $1,000 in the first three months, but the card has since changed its sign-up bonus to require $2,000 in spend within the first three months. However, it looks like that’s the only part of the card that’s changed — you’ll still get Platinum status with Hyatt, as well as the 5,000-point authorized user bonus.
Even with the increased minimum spend to get the sign-up bonus, the card is still a good deal for travelers who stay at Hyatt properties. Considering that you can earn two free nights from the sign-up bonus, that could be well worth the extra effort. You’ll earn 3 points per dollar on all Hyatt purchases, 2 points per dollar on purchases at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly through the airline and at car rental agencies, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. The Hyatt Credit Card comes with a $75 annual fee, no foreign transaction fees and you’ll get one free night every year at any Category 1-4 property.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards