This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to travel to the Hamptons without all that nasty traffic? If you travel by helicopter, the trip becomes one of the best parts of the whole experience, especially when you can get there in under 40 minutes. So why doesn’t everyone do that? Well, helicopters generally aren’t cheap.
Fortunately Blade is here to save the day with its killer Same-Day Sunday Slingshot deal. This weekend, we’re giving away one package of two tickets to fly round-trip from Manhattan to Southampton for free. But you’ll be getting so much more than just a helicopter ride.
The day starts with a 9:30am mimosa toast at Blade Lounge West in New York City before the flight leaves at 10:00am, arriving in Southampton by 10:38am. You’ll then be driven to the T-Mobile Beach Lounge, where you can spend the day sunbathing in chaise lounges, taking dips in the ocean and enjoying various beach activities. Lunch includes a bento box filled with chips and guacamole, a Mexican fruit cup, a mozzarella pesto caprese sandwich on a French baguette and a grilled-chicken Greek salad. They’ll be pouring rosé all day too. Finally, at 4:00pm, you’ll fly back over all that pesky Sunday traffic and arrive to a sunset “wine-down” back at the Blade Lounge — no traffic and no designated drivers needed.
Note that only one winner will be selected, but the package comes with two tickets. To enter this giveaway, post your favorite beach photo to Instagram or Twitter by 4:30pm ET TODAY and tag @thepointsguy in your posts. Make sure to include the hashtag #TPGBeachTrip as well.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards