This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve seen a whole bunch of promos from Uber and Lyft recently — and it looks like the free ride train will continue. As of right now, you can sign up for free rides from both companies, with Uber offering two free Pool rides in Manhattan this weekend and Lyft offering $10 off one ride in select cities.
For the two free Uber rides, enter code STAYCOOL5NYC in the promotions tab of your app. You’ll need to use these rides by November 1.
Meanwhile, for $10 off a Lyft ride in NYC, Long Island, Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Chicago, Tampa, Venice (Florida), Orlando, Jacksonville, Naples or Fort Lauderdale, you’ll need to enter code BUDLYFT and use your ride by 3am on Sunday.
Of course, the promos for new riders still apply — you can sign up here to receive a free ride (up to $20) from TPG, or up to $50 off your first Lyft rides when you sign up here. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber of Lyft account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points per dollar on travel.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards