This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re likely already aware of the amazing 4th Night Free benefit on the Citi Prestige Card. It seems that American Express is now trying to compete with this perk by running its own fourth-night-free offer. Now through October 31, book a stay of four nights or longer at dozens of participating hotels through AmexTravel.com and get the fourth night free. Travel must be completed by November 15, 2016 to take advantage of this offer.
This same offer popped up a few weeks ago targeted to select cardholders, but now it’s open to anyone interested in taking advantage of it. No Amex log-in or even an American Express card required. That’s right: Amex Travel will accept your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card and still give you the fourth night free.
Where this offer really gets interesting is stacking the fourth night free with an existing Amex Offer. Now through September 30, you can get an $80 statement credit for spending $500+ on an Amex Travel prepaid hotel reservation when you use an enrolled Amex card.
While this offer will only show up in the Amex Offers section on some Amex cards, all Amex cards are eligible to enroll in this offer by tweeting #AmexTravel100 from a linked Twitter account. In case you’re wondering, the terms and conditions of the Amex Offer don’t state that this offer can’t be combined with others.
This is an excellent offer if you have an American Express card and have a four-night (or longer) stay planned between now and November 15 — especially if the cost of your stay will still exceed $500 after the fourth-night-free discount. Just be sure to link your American Express card to the $80 Amex Offer and make your reservation before September 30 to combine the two offers.
If you have a Citi Prestige Card and you don’t plan on spending more than $500 on the stay, it’s likely best to just book your hotel through Citi’s concierge. That way you won’t be limited to Amex Travel’s list of qualifying hotels, and you’ll be able to still stack any special rates — such as AAA or AARP — with Citi’s 4th Night Free benefit.
Featured image courtesy of Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina Saint Lucia.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees