This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no doubt the Zika virus is what’s on most travelers’ minds these days, especially when they’re heading to impacted areas. As the amount of cases continues to grow, airlines have offered refunds while the CDC went so far as to issue a special travel warning for Miami. Thankfully, there might soon be help on the way as researchers have announced they’re working on a possible treatment for the virus.
In the meantime, several Florida theme parks — including Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Adventure Island, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Discovery Cove and all Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando parks — have begun offering guests free EPA-approved insect repellent to help alleviate worries about the spread of the virus. At Busch Gardens, the repellent is being given out at designated areas throughout the park, while it’s being set up stations at all of the Disney parks and in Disney Springs. In addition, Disney’s giving travelers who stay at its hotels and resorts cans of mosquito repellent in their rooms along with a note describing what the company is doing to help prevent the spread of mosquitoes.
While the Sunshine State’s Zika cases have for the most part been confined to South Florida, the first locally-spread case outside the region was discovered last week in Pinellas County, part of the Tampa Bay area, a 90-minute drive from Orlando.
Featured image courtesy of Walt Disney World.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards