This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a Seattle Seahawks fan, there’s now more reason than ever to be a Delta flyer. As the official airline of the Seattle Seahawks, Delta and the football team known for its loud fan section called “The 12s” have teamed up to offer fans a new program called 12status.
12status is the latest fan engagement program from Delta and the Seahawks, and it gives members the opportunity to earn bonus SkyMiles based on the on-the-field performance from the Seahawks, special perks at Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SEA) and priority boarding on Delta flights out of the airport. Here’s how the perks and bonus SkyMiles-earning break down for 12status members:
- 1 mile for each passing yard at Seahawks home games
- 500 miles for every 12,000 people who sign up for 12status
- 1,200 miles if the fans at the game on December 15 are loud enough to cause five false start penalties against the visiting team (Los Angeles Rams)
- 1,200 miles for new SkyMiles members
- Priority boarding on flights out of SEA during football season beginning September 8
- Free merchandise in the terminals during away game travel periods
- All members are eligible for surprise seat upgrades to the Delta Sky360 Club at CenturyLink Field
To sign up for 12status, go to the program’s website and click “Join Now.” Note that in order to be eligible to become a member of 12status, you must be a resident of Washington state and enter a valid Washington state zip code upon registration. 12status members can keep track of all of their SkyMiles earned and get their official 12status SkyMiles membership badge, which is needed for priority boarding at SEA, at the 12status website.
Earlier this month, we told you how Delta was attempting to poach Alaska Airlines flyers from Seattle, which is where Alaska is headquartered. And it looks like this might be another push by Delta to target Alaska customers by offering free SkyMiles just for being a Seahawks fan. If you’re a Washington resident, and, more specifically, a Seattle-based flyer, this could be extremely valuable and worth joining for the bonus SkyMiles and added perks.
Featured image courtesy of the Seattle Seahawks.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|