This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Been planning a trip to Hawaii but haven’t pulled the trigger on a flight just yet? Now could be a good time to do so with Delta’s latest flash sale. If you book your round-trip flight between now and 11:59pm ET (tonight!), you can get up to 25% off an award redemption.
Fares during the sale start at 35,000 SkyMiles round-trip plus taxes and fees. Delta doesn’t have a published award chart, but in the flash sale, it says that the original fare for these routes is 45,000 SkyMiles. Effectively, you’re getting 10,000 miles off your award if you’re sitting in economy. If you have your eyes set on flying in a more premium cabin, Delta Comfort+, first class and Delta One also apply to this flash sale, with discounted awards starting at 50,000 miles, 60,000 miles and 75,000 miles round-trip, respectively.
Travel must be between January 9 and March 13, 2017, or between April 12 and May 23, 2017 — note the large gap, presumably for spring break travel. This offer is good on flights to four Hawaiian destinations: Lihue (Kauai; LIH), Honolulu (HNL), Kahului (Maui; OGG) and Kona (Big Island; KOA). To book, go to Delta’s page for the flash sale.
If you want to take advantage of this flash sale, do it sooner rather than later, as it ends tonight (September 14) at 11:59pm ET. Even if you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account right now, it could be worthwhile to stock your account as the carrier has flash sales like this quite often. To get a jumpstart on building up the amount of SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from Amex. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 35,000 miles and 5,000 MQMs after you spend $1,000 in the first three months.
Featured image of Tunnels Beach in Kauai courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: View From the Wing
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards