This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American is launching flights to Havana at the end of November, and it’s now offering discounted fares to the Cuban capital to celebrate the new destination. We’re seeing round-trip flights between Baltimore (BWI) and Havana (HAV) from just $272, available for departures from the end of November through early December. Now that flights to Cuba have begun, we’ll be seeing more and more carriers drop fares to establish a foothold there.
You’ll have to book directly on American Airlines’ website, as you can’t use meta-search engines like Google Flights or Expedia to search for flights from the US to Cuba. American has a flexible calendar so you’ll quickly find the cheapest tickets.
Havana is a fantastic destination with a rich culture and a landscape that seems to be stuck in time, so try and get there before it’s overrun by tourists! But make sure you read this before you book your flight, as Americans must meet certain criteria to travel to Cuba.
Route: BWI to HAV
Cost: $272+ round-trip in economy
Dates: November to December
Booking Link: American Airlines
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Havana (HAV) for $272 round-trip in November:
Baltimore (BWI) to Havana (HAV) for $272 round-trip in December:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured Image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: The Flight Deal
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards