This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Italian marina was destroyed after a Carnival cruise ship came too close to the docks and created a mini-tsunami, causing hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of dollars in damage. The 134,000-ton ship was leaving the Sicilian port of Messina last Sunday when its propellers created waves so powerful that pontoons were ripped from their moorings, dragging several boats underwater. No one was hurt in the incident, and authorities are investigating why the cruise ship came so close to the marina.
The cruise liner, Vista, is Carnival’s newest and largest vessel in its Miami-based fleet. The Vista is 1,062 feet long, carries almost 4,000 passengers, features a full IMAX movie theatre, a water park and an aerial cycling track.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards