This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time and generally targeted deals for American Express cardholders. Among the many mediocre and decent offers, there will sometimes be a gem that we don’t want you to miss — like $80 back when spending $500 or more at AmexTravel.com (still available through September 30), 2x Membership Rewards points on Amazon purchases and 10% off your cell phone bill.
Last month, we told you about an Amex Offer of $200 back when spending more than $1,000 in purchases on Delta (still available through September 30). Yesterday, Amex Offers released a strikingly similar offer: $200 back when spending $1,000 or more with Virgin Atlantic.
This offer is good for flights booked by November 6, 2016. But, you don’t need to complete travel by any particular date. Purchases must be made on Virgin Atlantic’s US website or the Virgin Atlantic mobile app. Flights booked through an online travel agent (i.e., Orbitz) won’t count for this promotion. Purchases made at “airports, Virgin Atlantic local offices and Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses” and in-flight purchases are also excluded.
Unlike the Delta offer, the Terms and Conditions of this offer doesn’t indicate that multiple purchases will be combined to reach the $1,000 spending threshold. If you’re looking at buying $600 flights for two people, it’d be best to purchase these tickets together rather than separately, just in case.
There are a few other restrictions to keep in mind when taking advantage of this offer:
- Flights must originate within the US
- Gift card purchases are specifically excluded
- Excludes purchases made through Virgin Vacations, Virgin America, Virgin Australia and Virgin.com
- One-time offer — so you won’t get a second $200 statement credit for spending $2,000+
If you’re hoping to get these flights reimbursed, don’t worry; you’ll see this $200 cash back as a statement credit. Your statement will still show the full amount of your airfare purchase for reimbursement purposes.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. We checked with the team and found that the following cards are included:
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card
- American Express Green Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
As with the Delta Amex Offer, this offer doesn’t appear to be targeted toward the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card or Amex business cards.
Are you planning on taking advantage of this offer?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees