This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You could be eligible for a $75 statement credit on any purchase of $300 (or more) made with an American Express card through HotelStorm.com, a discount hotel-booking site.
Here’s how it works:
- Log in to your American Express account and register for the offer. Note: It’s a targeted offer, so you might not see it. If you don’t, tweet using an account linked to your Amex and use #AmexHotelStorm. Wait for confirmation from @AmexOffers that the offer has been added to your account.
- Log on to HotelStorm.com/Amex.
- Book between now and March 12, 2017.
That’s it. If you’re not familiar with HotelStorm (we weren’t either), it looks to be a general third-party hotel-booking site. Just punch in your location and get a list of available hotels in your area.
Based on a quick search, HotelStorm’s rates appear to match those available through other travel agencies, as well as Marriott’s site. For example, using the same dates, all three sites showed identical availability and prices.
Here’s the booking through HotelStorm:
And here’s directly through Marriott:
Just be aware: Typically, you won’t earn points when booking through a third-party site. So if you’re looking to boost your account balance, it’s still best to book via a hotel’s website — and use a credit card that will earn you bonus points for your purchase.
Featured image courtesy of La Concha Resort.
Have you ever used HotelStorm.com?
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees