This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The standard offer for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard is 30,000 AAdvantage miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, but currently you can get 20,000 more miles — though it does require spending a bit more.
If you apply through Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard and are approved, you’ll earn 50,000 AAdvantage miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months. That’s $2,000 more than you need to spend to earn the regular sign-up bonus, but the 20,000 extra miles are worth $300 based on TPG’s latest valuations, and 50,000 AAdvantage miles opens up many more redemptions than you’d be able to book with just 30,000 miles. For example, you could fly round-trip within the US in business class, or round-trip from the US to Europe in economy. This offer is available with the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard as well.
Here’s a brief rundown of the card’s other benefits and features:
- For a limited time, earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation*
- Enjoy Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines flights*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases.1
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*
If you’re looking to boost your AAdvantage account, this offer is a great opportunity to earn some extra miles. Just make sure to act sooner than later if you’re interested, since it’s not clear how long this sign-up bonus will stick around.
Thanks to TPG reader Paul S., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.