This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 9/22/16: Unfortunately this offer is no longer available.
If you’re not already a member of Fairmont’s Presidents Club, now’s a great time to join. Fairmont has teamed up with Air Canada’s Aeroplan program (part of Star Alliance) to offer new Presidents Club members 1,000 Aeroplan miles.
To take advantage, enroll in Fairmont’s Presidents Club using this link, which already has the promo code FED16 embedded. Expand the Frequent Flyer Programs category on the enrollment page and input your Aeroplan number. In order to get the 1,000 Aeroplan miles, you must enroll by November 15, 2016.
Keep in mind that you can earn more Aeroplan miles by transferring to the program from Amex Membership Rewards — you can earn points with cards like the Premier Rewards Gold Card, which currently offers a sign-up bonus of 25,000 points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months (note that you may be targeted for a higher offer). You’ll earn 3x points on flights booked directly with the airline, 2x points at US gas stations, US supermarkets and US restaurants and 1x points on everything else.
H/T: View From the Wing
Featured image courtesy of the Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards