This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some people love the beach — and there are those who can’t imagine anything worse than basking in extreme heat under the sun’s strong rays. And for the people in the latter category, any trip to the beach is usually accompanied by a heavy sigh and excessive complaining, especially when the ones you’re traveling with fit into the former category. Now, however, new technology exists that can make even the biggest beach complainer happy: a portable air conditioner.
Enter Zero Breeze, the latest and greatest in terms of keeping cool on the go — it also has other neat features like a Bluetooth speaker, LED flashlight and a cell phone charging station with two USB ports. According to Zero Breeze, the small, battery-powered machine is capable of cooling a 50-square-foot room to 44 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes in two colors — cool orange and frost blue — and can be used in a variety of spaces, such as tents, offices, dorm rooms or just out in the open air. The Zero Breeze’s battery lasts five hours on the medium setting, and it comes with an adapter to help recharge, as well as an exhaust pipe and a drain pipe.
The Zero Breeze is still in the Kickstarter phase of its launch. As of this writing, the company has received $215,493 from a total of 435 backers, surpassing its original goal of $100,000. Early bird packages on Kickstarter begin at $389, while the planned retail for the Zero Breeze is set for $499. The company plans to ship the machines in March 2017.
Featured image courtesy of Zero Breeze.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards