This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Icelandic low-cost carrier Wow Air is known for offering amazingly affordable fares across the Atlantic, with one-way tickets between Newark (EWR) and Reykjavik (KEF) starting at just $99 when the route launches this November.
But with these bargain fares come tons of extra fees — you’ll be charged for everything from selecting a seat ahead of time to the baggage you bring — even the water on board. Previously, passengers were only allotted about 11 lbs (5 kg) to carry on one item without incurring a fee.
Now, however, the carrier has changed its policy, allowing customers to carry on one item under 22 lbs (10 kg) free of charge. Note that your bag must be no larger than 42 x 32 x 25 cm, including its wheels and handle.
Wow’s increased carry-on allowance is certainly a customer-friendly move that could end up attracting even more flyers to the airline despite its no-frills approach experience.
Have you flown on Wow Air before? Tell us about your experience, below.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards