This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this summer, Air Tahiti Nui ran an amazing sale that allowed you to to travel to Australia or New Zealand with a free stopover in Tahiti that included a free, two-night stay at a resort on the island. Now, the carrier is offering a similar sale, this time letting you visit three countries for the price of one — just $1,270, including taxes. Starting in Los Angeles, you can then fly to Sydney on American Airlines, continue on to Auckland on either Emirates, Qantas or JetStar, then to Tahiti and finally back to Los Angeles on Air Tahiti Nui.
This sale is valid for travel from now through 2017 (with some blackout dates) and must be booked by December 31, 2016. Unlike the previous promotion, this sale doesn’t include a hotel stay in any of the countries, but the opportunity to explore three countries for the price of one more than makes up for it. To make your reservation, call the airline at (877)-824-4846 and mention the Three Country Explorer Pass to the agent.
Remember, you can maximize your booking by using a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare), or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Has anyone booked Air Tahiti Nui’s Three Country Explorer Pass?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Thanks to TPG reader Megan B., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards