This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you didn’t know, booking your flight and hotel together through AA Vacations can be a fantastic deal. While there are always good deals to be found, AA Vacations will also periodically run special promotions. This week, we ran across an especially compelling promo and wanted to share it with you: Earn a 30,000-mile bonus for booking a flight + hotel to Curacao.
Now through August 31, book a flight and hotel package via the AA Vacations website for travel through June 30, 2017. You must choose one of the 12 participating hotels (listed below) for at least a five-night stay. At checkout, enter promo code CUR30 to get the bonus.
Make sure to avoid the blackout dates of: September 5, November 24, December 25, December 31, April 16 and May 29.
Here are the hotels participating in the promotion, along with the other promotions the hotel is currently offering:
- ACOYA Hotel Suites & Villas (Save up to 35% off when you book in August for travel August 1-June 30)
- Avila Beach Hotel (Save up to 15% when you book 60 days in advance for travel April 1-December 22, 2017)
- Baoase Luxury Resort Curaçao
- Blue Bay Curaçao Golf & Beach Resort
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino (Fifth night free and $50 daily resort credit. Valid for travel through December 17, 2016)
- Floris Suite Hotel, Spa & Beach Club (Adult Only. Save up to 20% off when you book 60 days in advance for travel January 1-December 24, 2017)
- Hilton Curaçao (Save up to 25% off when you book by November 30, 2016 for travel January 2-December 23, 2017)
- Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
- Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino (Save up to 35% off accommodation and up to 25% off F&B, plus late check-out and a welcome drink. Valid for travel through December 15)
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curaçao (Save up to 30% off when you book by September 30 for travel through January 3, 2017)
- Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa
- Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino
Is It Worth It?
If you’re looking for a beach getaway, I’d definitely look into this promotion. First of all, the Dutch island of Curacao is a spectacular destination. Second, it’s an easy way of earning 30,000 AA miles while getting a great deal.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuation of American Airlines miles, the 30,000-mile bonus is worth about $450. If you were to buy miles from AA under its current buy miles promotion, 30,000 miles would set you back $886. However you get the miles, 30,000 miles is enough to fly one-way to Europe or to book two domestic round-trips under 500 miles each way.
Of course, another easy way of getting 30,000 AA miles would be to sign up for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard. In addition to the 30,000 sign-up bonus after spending $1,000 in the first three months, you’ll also get your first checked bag free, Group 1 boarding, 10% rebate on redeemed miles and access to the reduced mileage award promotion.
With less than 10 minutes of searching, I found this enticing deal. In the middle of winter, grab your significant other and take off from Newark (EWR) for five nights in Curacao. Stay in a Junior Suite Garden View at the Floris Suite Hotel. The two round-trip flights and five nights at the suite hotel will cost just $1,065 — and you’ll get almost half of that value back through the mileage promotion!
Featured image courtesy of Floris Suite Hotel, Spa & Beach Club
Let us know if you find any other excellent AA Vacation deals to Curacao.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard®
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||14.24% - 22.24%* (Variable)||$95, waived for first 12 months*||3.00%||Excellent/Good|