This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
For the price of a typical coach ticket you can fly business class between Toronto (YYZ) and Tel Aviv (TLV) thanks to discounted fares from Jet Airways and El Al. We’re seeing fares as low as $1,346 round-trip, valid for departures between now and March 2017. These fares are certainly cheap enough to justify buying separate tickets to and from Toronto to position yourself for this flight.
You’ll get to fly in a lie-flat business class seat on the segment between Toronto and Amsterdam on Jet Airways, and then you’ll have a standard recliner business class seat on the segment between Amsterdam and Tel Aviv on El Al. We’ve seen some itineraries that involve a segment in economy. To avoid this, simply search for different dates that display only business class results. Once you’ve selected your dates, continue to Expedia to complete the booking. Note that Expedia will quote prices in Canadian dollars (CAD).
Route: YYZ – TLV
Cost: $1,348+ round-trip in business class
Dates: August 2016 – March 2017
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Toronto (YYZ) to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $1,346 round-trip in business class in September (price quoted in CAD):
Toronto (YYZ) to Tel Aviv (TLV) for $1,346 round-trip in business class in March (price quoted in CAD):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured Image Courtesy of Shutterstock.
If you’re able to score one of these fares, please let us know in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards