This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber is targeting some of its most loyal riders in California with a free ride — on an airplane. The ever-popular ride-sharing service is continuing to expand its reach and improve customer loyalty by offering riders more incentive to use its services. Although Uber has a frequent rider program, Uber VIP, it’s hardly anything to get excited about. But with this new offer for select California riders, there’s definitely a new level of interest.
According to the email sent to passengers, select riders can get a free round-trip flight with Surf Air, courtesy of Uber. Riders must reserve their flight by August 31 for travel through September 30, 2016. According to the terms and conditions, all flyers must complete and pass a background check before flying with Surf Air.
Last month, we gave away a one-month Surf Air subscription to two readers (worth $1,950 each). Surf Air is a membership-only service, so this deal from Uber could be pretty valuable if you’re eligible. If interested, it’s best to check for yourself and enter your information.
If you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive your first ride for free (up to $20) from TPG. Also don’t forget to sync a credit card with your account that will offer you the most rewards, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which will earn you 2x points on travel.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards