This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, United introduced us to its new business-class product, Polaris. In an exciting move for the carrier with CEO Oscar Munoz back at the helm, the new seats are definitely something to look forward to for United flyers. Configured in a 1-2-1 layout, the new product offers a lie-flat bed, pajamas, an updated amenity kit and much more. And now, United wants its Premier passengers to get a glimpse of Polaris before the official launch.
United is allowing MileagePlus Premier members the chance to get a sneak peek at the new business-class seats at one of four locations. The four locations and dates are as follows:
- Brown Palace Hotel, Denver, Colorado — August 11 from 7:30pm to 11:00pm
- Newark Airport — August 18 from 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Dulles International Airport — August 31 from 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport — September 7 from 6:00pm to 11:00pm
Each of the packages is complimentary and comes with two tickets, so you can bring a guest. These tickets are available now, but they probably won’t last long. If you’re at all interested in going, act fast. If you select the city you’re interested in going to, you can see how many (or few) are left. As of this writing, Denver had the fewest remaining (eight).
To get your two tickets, go to United’s MileagePlus website and select the date you’re interested in attending. You’ll also be served food and beverage inspired by The Trotter Project and United Polaris. If you’re attending one of the events at an airport, you do not need to have a flight scheduled in order to attend.
Are you going to see United’s new Polaris cabin?
Thanks to TPG reader Niko G., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards