This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
What should you do when something goes wrong before, during or after a flight? Learn about the best ways to request compensation from airlines if and when you encounter a problem.
Flight attendants lead very unique lives — get the inside scoop on what flight attendant life is really like from TPG Insider Carrie A. Trey.
Read about several of United’s strangest, most interesting and least well-known routes — some will surely come as a surprise.
Every traveler needs a great bag by his or her side. Check out the 5 best looking carry-on sized bags for travelers looking to splurge a bit.
From now until October 10, 2016, you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to British Airways with a 50% bonus. This means that if you transfer 250 Membership Rewards points, you’ll receive 300 BA Avios, instead of the usual 200.
In Other News…
5% Cash Back Bonus Through the End of the Year for Discover Cardholders at Select Retailers
If you’re a Discover cardholder, register to get a 5% cash back bonus on up to $1,500 spent at Amazon.com and other retailers from October through December 2016.
Austrian May Add Flights Between Los Angeles and Vienna Next Year
Austrian Airlines will begin a flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Vienna (VIE) next year, according to rumors. This hasn’t yet been confirmed by the airline, but if true it is safe to assume that the carrier would use a Boeing 777 to operate this long-haul flight.
Etihad Gets Rid of Chauffeur Service for American Award Customers
Passengers who used AAdvantage miles to book a premium cabin ticket on Etihad Airways flights will no longer have access to the airline’s chauffeur service.
Air India Will Fly Daily Between San Francisco and Delhi Beginning This Winter
Air India currently operates a flight between San Francisco (SFO) and Delhi (DEL) three times a week. Come this winter, the airline will operate this flight daily, dramatically increasing capacity on the route.
Featured image of Palau courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards