This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to security backups during this summer’s busy travel season, many American flyers are now very aware of the benefits of being enrolled in TSA PreCheck. And soon, those of you enrolled in PreCheck will be able to experience expedited screening at Live Nation events including music festivals and concerts as well.
If you’re enrolled in PreCheck already, you’ll be able to enter Live Nation venues with a Fast Pass wristband through expedited security lanes. If you haven’t enrolled in PreCheck yet, you can sign up for the Fast Pass just as you would for PreCheck — provide your valid government-issued ID, undergo a short screening and pay the $85 fee at a designated enrollment center.
The Fast Pass has already been tested at the Watershed Festival in Washington, D.C. and will soon be tested at events in several other US cities. If the trials are successful, it’s entirely possible that every Live Nation venue will be Fast Pass equipped. Remember, credit cards including the Citi Prestige, the Platinum Card from American Express, and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card allow you to enroll in Global Entry for free — once approved, you’ll automatically be enrolled in PreCheck and Fast Pass.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: Consequence of Sound
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards