This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
OpenSkies, a subsidiary of British Airways that’s headquartered near Paris and only flies between Paris-Orly (ORY) and New York (both JFK and EWR), has just announced a pretty valuable — and unique — perk for its business-class flyers — a complimentary airport transfer via Uber. With the service, Biz Bed passengers can get two $70 Uber credits if they purchase a round-trip ticket between New York and Paris.
Note that in order to be eligible, you must be booked in a Biz Bed seat (booking classes J, C, R, D or I) on a revenue ticket — award tickets are not eligible for the $70 Uber chauffeur service. Note that if you book a round-trip ticket, you’ll be eligible for $140 in chauffeur (Uber) rides. Eligible passengers will receive an email with a unique Uber code to redeem their ride.
This latest promotion is a way for OpenSkies to stay competitive with other carriers that offer premium-class passengers transfer services. When TPG flew Etihad’s The Residence, he got two vehicles to take him (and his bags) to the airport. Similarly, Emirates, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa, among others, also offer various chauffeur services. Biz Bed with OpenSkies features flat-bed seats on the airline’s Boeing 757-200 aircraft, though it now also has a 767 in its fleet.
Note that because OpenSkies is a subsidiary of British Airways, passengers can take advantage of BA’s $400 AARP discount, which is available for bookings made through March 31, 2017, as well as its 10% off discount on flights for cardholders of the British Airways Visa Signature Card (valid through December 31, 2016). If you don’t yet have the card but are thinking about signing up to get the discount, it comes with a 50,000-point sign-up bonus after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards