This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rideshare giants Uber and Lyft have both been rolling out new products and features to help expand their reach. Earlier this year, both services announced they’d begin allowing passengers to schedule rides in advance. And today, Lyft is the first to announce that it’ll soon allow riders to add an extra stop to a single trip.
Arguably, one of the most frustrating parts about traveling with the two companies is only being able to enter one destination. If you need to stop, say, at a convenience store or a friend’s place along the way, you’re pretty much out of luck. Lyft, however, is now making it easy for riders to add a stop before reaching their final destination.
Here’s how it’ll work. First, set your pick-up location and choose the type of ride. From there, click the add (+) icon at the bottom to select your drop-off location and list your first stop as an additional destination. The driver will go to the first stop, then take you to your final destination — if your plans change, you’ll be able to click a “Remove Stop” option as well. Keep in mind, though, that you’ll be charged for the time a driver has to wait for you to make the extra stop.
As of this writing, there’s no official word on when this service will become available, but it’s sure to be a welcome addition to Lyft’s services. Be sure to use a credit card that’s synced with your Lyft account, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which will earn you 2x points on travel.
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards