This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Housing Works is an organization the gives housing and legal support to some of the most underserved New Yorkers — those homeless and living with HIV/AIDS. I’ve been a board member for the past couple of years, and part of my role as a board member is to bring awareness to the organization. So, I’m excited to announce the second annual Labor of Love event to support Housing Works at my home in East Hampton, and I’d love for some TPG readers to come.
Here is the link to purchase your 2016 Labor of Love ticket. The event will feature a performance by Dita Von Teese and music by DJ Lina, so it’ll definitely be a fun time. Remember that you’ll earn those valuable points when you buy your ticket with a credit card, and the ticket is also tax deductible. Here are some more details:
- What: Labor of Love: The Hamptons
- Where: My home in East Hampton, New York (exact location provided in advance of event to ticket buyers only)
- When: Saturday, September 3, 2016; 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tickets: $150 General Admission (entry for one), $200 Host Committee (for one). Sponsorships are available (for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Proceeds: Benefit Housing Works’ efforts to end AIDS as an epidemic in New York State by 2020.
To RSVP and purchase your tickets, go to Labor of Love’s Eventbrite page. I’m really looking forward to the event, getting to meet some of you and working together in an effort to see an end to this epidemic by 2020.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards