This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rental car loyalty programs aren’t known for being the most rewarding in the industry. However, there are some sweet spots if you know where to look. And National Car Rental’s Emerald Club is a great example, since it often offers a very rewarding perk: One Two Free.
With the One Two Free promotion, National Emerald Club members will receive a free one-day rental after earning 600 points, which you’ll receive after completing two rentals with a midsize or larger car that has lasted at least two days — or through other eligible activities (listed below, though your bonus opportunities may vary a bit). In order to be eligible for this promotion, Emerald Club members must register and complete their rentals between August 25, 2016 and January 31, 2017, and earned points and Free Rental Day coupons expire on June 15, 2017 at 11:59pm.
As you can see above, there are a few ways you can break down the points-earning to get to the 600-point threshold. Here are a few examples:
- 300 points for each qualifying rental made after that date on which the member register and which occurs during the period beginning August 25, 2016 and January 31, 2017. (Two of these rentals will give you the 600 points and therefore the free rental.)
- 300 bonus points when you preregister for the promotion
- Points earned during the 2015 One Two Free promotion that are rolled over when you register for the 2016 promotion
- 300 bonus points when you redeem a Free Rental Day earned during the 2016 promotion
- 25 bonus points when you download the National Car Rental app
- 75 bonus points when you reserve using the National Car Rental app and complete the rental
This is a great promotion — especially if you’re already planning to rent a car more than twice, as your third rental (of up to one day) will be free. Also keep in mind that several credit cards offer you complimentary status with National’s Emerald Club, such as the new Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which gives you an automatic Emerald Club Executive membership.
Chase Sapphire Reserve℠
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||$450||0%||Excellent Credit|